This free blog has been converted into a poor man's web site. Read it from top to bottom, then hit the link to the bottom of each page for Older Posts, and keep repeating this as you read on to the end of it.

8.12.06

The Kids Had to All Wash Their Hands Before Eating Lunch


Photography by Spec. 4 David R. Crews

I thought it was great how the children had settled right down after that fun-filled-wild-mayhem, when their teachers told them it was time to wash their hands for lunch. They were back to being well disciplined, quiet and polite in the company of grownups again - as is 'the norm' in Asian societies.

I remember that while printing copies of this shot, I was fascinated by how I had frozen the water in mid-stream like that, because I was learning about what my new professional grade camera equipment was capable of.

1 comment:

Darren said...

Wow, you have some great pictures here. Unfortunately I don't recognize alot of the places, as it was a little before my time. I was in Okinawa in the late 80's and alot had changed. Nice blog.